Thursday, August 1, 2024

Christianity & Gaming | Hard Truths

Most of you have seen my religious tweets over on X. I am a Christian, and was both saved and Baptized in my youth. That path I walked so narrowly back then has become wider, and more winding over the years, admittedly. I used to go to church and worship, but do so no longer. I used to listen to gospel music, and now that rarely ever happens. Even so I still pray to God, and believe in him. My faith remains, and in that faith exists a constant tug-of-war battle between good and evil. Like many Christians today I am still a sinner, though repentant. I am constantly asking God for forgiveness, and that is the only thing that gives me hope. The only thing that let's me know I'm not lost yet. I still see sin as sin, and am not comfortable in committing it, yet.

How does this relate to gaming, you ask? Gaming as we know it isn't as innocent as it was in the early days of the industry. Witchcraft, Satanism, sexual degeneracy, and other sinful content plagues a lot of the games I play and review. Up to this point I've not spoken out about my inner struggle to do the review work even though I know it goes against God's will. Even some of the games I play of my own accord go against his will. I have to be honest in saying that gaming is less Christian friendly than it has ever been. It has actually gotten so bad even the children aged games are host to all sorts of sinful content.

What bothers me about this most of all is that we Christians often times speak out against the evils of the world yet we are okay to promote video games that are just as wicked. This is nothing other than hypocrisy. I know of a lot of Christian gamers like that who play some of the worst games imaginable, myself included. 

It is coming to a point in time that if we wish to save our own souls, and others we care about we must be very selective with what we buy, play, and share. What we do as a Christian is a reflection of our religion, and if it is hypocrisy we're selling we might as well give up trying to save anyone, because all we are doing is taking them down the wrong path with us.

I hate to be that doomer guy, but I really do think the Biblical end is near, and that time is running short to get our lives right with God. I don't know about you, but I want to be on the right side of this battle when it's all said and done. I'd rather not burn with all the evil people of this world knowing I was no better than they were. 

From this day forward I'm going to do something different with my reviews as a service to my fellow Christians, and religious readers. I am going to leave a disclaimer at the end detailing the content that I feel is problematic in a religious context. It will be up to you whether or not you buy into it after that. I cannot make that choice for you, and I do hope you make the right choice. As I've said time draws ever closer to an end, and those who are stuck in sin will not find salvation from the Hell that is to come.

Trust me when I say it was hard for me to share this with you knowing the potential backlash and consequences, but if I were to stay silent I'd be complicit in your fall from grace. I don't want any of you to end up where all the evil people are going. I'd rather meet you in person someplace much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christianity & Gaming | Hard Truths

Most of you have seen my religious tweets over on X. I am a Christian, and was both saved and Baptized in my youth. That path I walked so na...